1985 1985

bop and hops arent really my thing
but here goes my fair review
Pros: high detail animation, fairly tight controls except jumping
Cons: Camera is too sensitive to movement, music becomes a disaster about halfway through, jump height is too high

Make the range where the camera doesn't move larger. If I tap left then right the camera is locked onto me and it makes for a jerky experience when I'm just trying to navigate.
The music is great until another piece of good music which doens't fit at all is put on top. They're in different keys and the rhythms don't go together at all.
The high jump height means it takes forever to hit the ground. Because of this I don't want to jump because I can't change my horizontal movement while I'm in the air. Not wanting to jump in a hop and bop game is bad because jumping is the main mechanic.

All that said, this is a nice game and much better than what most people will ever do before they give up. Keep going and you'll be making good games soon. :)

Wolod responds:

Thanks for the feedback.

FallAloneFallFar 2 FallAloneFallFar 2

I like the music and the art, aside from the red hitboxes.

However I think at the beginning you speed up too fast and at the end you're speeding up too slowly. I think you should've gone for a logarithmic curve instead of a linear one. Like some constant times log(n) as n increases instead of some constant times n.

I'm assuming you're increasing speed by like move(speed); speed++; or something
instead do like move(Math.log(speed)); speed++;

if you catch my drift. The beginning is too easy and then it gets too much harder to fast.
Speeding up on a log curve would work better I think.

WiLD11 responds:

Yeah, made this a few years back, lost source ;c

Speyer74 Speyer74

Thanks for using my song!

game feels a bit clumsy, but it is better than my ludum dare game lol

WiLD11 responds:

Dude your song was amazing, it fit so well. Thank you for making it <333333

Dynamics Are For Old People Dynamics Are For Old People

its funny, but I dont enjoy it...

Totally downloading it tho rofl
might be great for a funny video youtube video